Friday, May 21, 2010

Alfredo Sauce


I love this recipe because it is easy, fast, and tastes just like Olive Garden (my all-time fav!!). My two year old usually has 2-3 helpings too! This recipe is also nice because I usually double it and then freeze the remaining sauce in two ziploc bags. Then when you need a quick meal, run it under some warm water, stir and it's ready!! I love this on bowtie noodles, although you can use fettuccine, spaghetti noodles, anything you have!! Enjoy!!


1 pint Heavy Cream (I have used half-n-half and even milk before and it still works)

2 TB. Cream Cheese

1/2 C. Butter

3/4 C. Parmesean Cheese ( I use the powdered stuff in the can)

1 tsp. Garlic (powder or fresh)

pinch of parsley (optional)

salt and pepper to taste


In medium sauce pan, combine butter, cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted and mixed. Add the parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring frequently over low heat. Serve over noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment